Thursday, October 14, 2010

Finally some success!

My wife had to go to class this afternoon, so I got to spend some time working on getting the SNES controller to talk to the AVR. That was relatively simple. Then it was time to get it working with VUSB, and that took a while. And while it's working, it is terribly laggy. I'm fairly certain that it has to do with the way I have the update coded, but I'm not sure how else to do it. Regardless, now that I've done it on the AVR it should be trivial to get it working on the F340.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear about your progress! keep it up , i check your blog daily this stuff interests me even if i don't understand 1/2 of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime tonight or tomorrow I'm going to rewrite the function that builds the report that gets sent to the USB host. Once I get it running efficiently, I'm going to modify the report descriptor to match a PS2-style controller and see if I can get it talking to the PS3. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to beat whatever is blocking most unlicensed controllers.

    ReplyDelete